What to look for in a home security camera in Blacksburg
When it comes to home security, it nice to get a complete view of your property This is the main reason why security cameras are one of the smartest components to think about as you customize your home security system. Despite the fact that standalone cameras can be effective when configured appropriately, they’re even more powerful when integrated into your residence’s comprehensive system.
Are you wondering what to look for in a home security camera in Blacksburg? You’ll be pleased to know these important elements include more conveniences than previous iterations. You can see real-time streams from interior cameras or catch the attention of those lurking about with incorporated security features from exterior cameras. And you can see your home security cameras easily in the same place.
Dynamic features enhance home security cameras in Blacksburg
Loaded with features and easy-to-manage security cameras will take your property’s protection to a whole new level. These vital elements of your home security system are available with an impressive range of features including two-way talk, video storage, and convenient cell phone access. Take a look at the available options below.
- Forceful deterrents: You can use a surveillance camera that can react instantly. If strange behavior is detected by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a vivid circle of red light will emerge on the outside of the camera’s lens and an audible alarm will sound.
- Night vision: Dynamic IR night vision functionality provides well-defined images of your surroundings at any hour. Your cameras will also maintain their clarity when closing in on particular areas.
- Video storage: Choose security cameras with video storage capabilities and the chance to access footage right from your cell phone app.
- Security app: Today’s surveillance systems in Blacksburg are often linked to a helpful mobile device app. You can watch current streams or saved segments and even arm or deactivate your system. The Vivint App will send an alert to your mobile device whenever a triggered event occurs.
- Motion detectors: Integrated motion sensors prompts cameras to take notice if strange movement is detected. You’ll even get a message on your mobile device.
- Speak to anyone at your door or members of your family: Would you welcome the chance to touch base with your kids after school? Have you found a visitor at your main entry? The latest surveillance systems, like the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, provide convenient 2-way communications so you can converse with the people detected by your surveillance device.
- Improve your perspective: As a good rule of thumb, your outside surveillance should give you at least 120° of viewing perspective. As an example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro boasts a viewing angle of 140°.
- Configurable zones: This feature gives you the chance to program the exact area you wish your camera to supervise. This can be helpful to limit the movement you surveil as you wouldn’t require notifications each time a vehicle drives by on the road.
Configure your own Vivint smart home system
You should have a good idea of what to look for in a home security camera in Blacksburg. All that remains is to get started on your robust Vivint smart home. Phone (540) 340-9402 to get started or submit the simple form on this page to engage our home protection and automation experts.