What should you do if your Blacksburg home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your residence – and your family members – against the various risks you may experience, like burglary, fire, and flooding. Even though your home may be ready, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Blacksburg home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm can be jarring, confusing, and may provoke panic. Your best option is to stay calm and follow these easy suggestions.
Actions to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Blacksburg Goes Off
It’s a situation nobody wants to face, but it’s also why you put in a home alarm system in the first place. You’re awakened in the middle of the night with the telltale sounding of an alarm after a home security component has been triggered. So what are you going to do?
- Don’t panic. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is blaring, and your heart is beating rapidly. But keeping a cool head is the optimal way to appraise the situation. Avoid the urge of trying to deal with the emergency alone instead let your monitoring professionals and first responders do their job.
- Attend to your family members. Your priority should be your family members and getting them to safety. In the case of a intrusion, this might mean proceeding to an appointed safe zone as far away from entry points as possible. It’s likely that your alarm already scared off the invader, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or a fire, you ought to exit your home without delay.
- Don’t forget your cell phone. In this day and age, most individuals have their cell phones at all times, but you may fail to take it during an urgent situation. You’ll want to have it. You’ll have the chance to keep in contact with your monitoring professionals and obtain alerts through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your 24-hour Monitoring Team
Any time your home alarm system in Blacksburg goes off, your 24-hour monitoring professionals will spring to action. The first move is to confirm your alarm, and that means communicating with you. The procedure they adhere to depends on the sort of emergency. For example, when a medical emergency is initiated, one attempt will be made to reach you before assistance is deployed. If you’re dealing with a burglary alarm - the most typical sort of alarm - a monitoring professional will abide by these steps to reach out to you:
- An effort will be made to reach you via the command hub. You will usually be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that effort is not successful, a call is attempted to your principal contact number.
- An alternate number or first emergency contact is attempted next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, local police officers are sent.
- Your monitoring specialists will attempt to reach you again after the proper authorities are contacted.
If you're not able to communicate with monitoring staff, don't worry. Support will still be deployed even if you're not able to substantiate the emergency.
Get protection for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Blacksburg
Be prepared for any situation with a modern home alarm system in Blacksburg from Vivint. Dial (540) 340-9402 to begin the customization of your home’s defense today.