Ways to cut down on false alarms in Blacksburg
False alarms are a legitimate problem for your home’s security. They not only decrease the confidence you have in your equipment, but they can also be a pain to resolve. Thankfully, you are able to do a number of things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Blacksburg home security system.
To begin, ensure that everything is set up properly. This might seem like common sense, but it’s common that simple user errors trigger false alarms. For the next step, check out possible sources of false alarms, including windows and doors that might be kept open inadvertently. And finally, you should try to incorporate the various features like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Blacksburg.
Is it really that straightforward? Continue on and discover for yourself.
Can you avoid false alarms in Blacksburg?
Like diagnosing any issue, the initial step is to read the manual. Ensure all your components are connected appropriately on your end by:
- Executing a diagnostic through your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually check each sensor to be certain it didn't become dislodged or need a new battery.
- Inspect your scheduling to ensure that your alarms aren’t activating at inappropriate times.
- Ensure all new smart devices are installed correctly and aren't disrupting your alarms.
Reach out to your customer service specialist if you still have problems cutting down false alarms in your Blacksburg security system. They'll gladly send out a trained expert to inspect your equipment.
Check your windows and doors
In the event your installation checks out alright, the ensuing measure is to do an investigation of your residence. Are all your doors and widows shut tight, or might there be a few accidentally ajar? If an access point is left unsecured, it may trigger a motion sensor. If it just so happens that your household constantly fails to close an entry point, you can incorporate a smart lock that locks automatically when the alarm is activated. Unfortunately, windows need more hands-on attention, mainly if you have a loved one who likes to fall asleep with an open window. Fortunately, your Vivint installation makes it simple to deactivate that device while protecting the rest of the property.
Automation tends to be a smart method to cut down on false alarms in Blacksburg
One of the smartest methods to minimize the chance of false alarms is to include smart home automation into your home security system. When utilizing your Vivint app, you can:
- Arrange a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re on site and avert false alarms that happen due to absentmindedly unlatching doors or windows. Then have it automatically engage again at night as you start your bedtime routine.
- Set your home security to deactivate whenever your smart locking mechanism is triggered with the correct PIN.
- Use geotracking to arm your system as you depart the premises, then disengage when you return.
- Get smartphone notifications when your implements notice abnormal activity or need a fresh battery.
- Connect your system to Alexa or Google Home, so you may operate your system without the mobile app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Blacksburg when you get a Vivint smart home
Increased command over your property’s security means less chance of false alarms. To build your Vivint smart home, call (540) 340-9402 or complete the form on this page.