Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Blacksburg smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your security system as it connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a single cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface places you in total charge of your Blacksburg home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it can benefit you and explore tips to get you started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Blacksburg?
Connecting wirelessly to devices via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You may disarm or arm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you can even chat with whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity for enhanced reliability. It also provides complete remote access and control through the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- View real-time or recorded footage from any connected security cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Blacksburg by programming schedules or initiating rules. For example, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a specified time. Or, you can set preferences like having your doors unlock when the smoke alarm triggers.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just abide by these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will remain inside your home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and all sensors in the home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
The home screen will show a message if something is preventing the system from arming. For example, an open door will prompt you to take action. Note that you are still able to arm the security system by using the steps above. You will then need to verify you would like to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Blacksburg
Even though many users can be set up during the initial installation, you will likely want to add another user down the road. Here’s how it’s done.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote functionality, select email or phone and provide the info to send an request.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, proceed to the menu, tap users, choose the user you want to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-operate touchscreen panel? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Blacksburg smart home. Contact (540) 340-9402 to get started.