Online purchasing and daily deliveries have become customary for numerous residents. You love the convenience of having packages delivered in front of your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those packages sitting in the open are temptations to potential burglars. Porch piracy continues to be a significant concern, but you can do something about it by ordering a doorbell camera with your home security system. These devices are great tools to deter package theft, but they do so much more.
Take a second to find out how they work and why they’re sure to become a crucial part of your smart home.
Benefits of a Blacksburg video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a great number of innovative features, and the technology keeps advancing. You can now set up detection zones, speak to whoever’s in front of your door, and obtain immediate updates whenever a package is dropped off.
The best way to see how a Blacksburg video doorbell camera works is to look at the many benefits it gives you. Consider these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You won’t get this on every model, but there are some smart video doorbells that take an active role in discouraging theft with visual and audible warnings. This is a fantastic way to let prowlers know somebody is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You need to see the total picture, and that includes the faces of people at your door and packages on the ground. Video doorbells with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision offer a complete perspective.
- Vivid footage no matter the hour: What’s the point of getting a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and challenging to see? The best models will include exceptional high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to be informed when a package is dropped off? You are able to receive immediate alerts from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between individuals and packages.
- Speak with the person at your door: Is someone lingering at your front door? Two-way audio allows you to ask what they want. You might even utilize this handy feature to deter people lurking around your walkway.
- Avoid false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even allow you to configure your own detection zones. Clearly defining the area to be viewed will help you minimize false alarms brought about by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Instant video access: A video doorbell configured into your smart home offers you the opportunity to see live and archived video right from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like never before, as you are able to interact with them right from your phone, no matter where you are. They’ll alert you when something or someone arrives, show you what’s occurring, and even permit you to communicate with whoever’s at your door. These components have turned into difference-makers in terms of safety and convenience.