Can I use an indoor camera as a baby monitor in Blacksburg?
Your new nursery is nearly complete for your darling little one. You devoted countless hours assembling the cradle, covering the walls, and setting up the changing station.You even put up a shelf with a row of plush animals as a finishing touch. But how are you going to monitor your newborn? You can go the traditional route with a regular audio monitor or take it a step further and use the video cameras available to you in your modern home security system.
Although it might seem a bit unexpected to use an indoor camera for a baby monitor in Blacksburg, it’s a great choice when you consider the advantages.
Smart home indoor cameras in Blacksburg are great baby monitors
First and foremost, your indoor cameras are incorporated into your fully integrated smart home and available through a user-friendly home security app. This provides you convenience and reassurance since you can keep an eye on your child from anywhere via your phone or tablet. Here are a few more reasons why they are a preferred option:
- Live high-definition video: You’ll get easily visible, high-definition footage of your child. You may even view recorded clips right from your phone.
- Two-way audio: Not only can you hear the sounds from the room, you can actually speak to your newborn right through your indoor camera. This is a helpful tool to soothe a an uneasy sleeper. Even better, you may use the 2-way talk feature via your mobile device app, no matter where you are.
- Wide-angle viewing: Your video cameras will have a greater viewing angle than standard baby monitors. You’ll see everything.
- Motion-activation with alerts: If your baby decides rest time is done and is ready to get out of the bed, you can receive motion-activated notifications sent directly to your smartphone.
- One-touch contact: Although this benefit is really for older offspring, it’s still worth a mention. With a single tap of a button, your child can contact you via your smartphone app.
Having your comprehensive smart home right in the palm of your hand is a tremendous bonus. If you notice that your baby is having trouble falling to sleep and think it could be a little stuffy in the room, you may alter the settings on your smart thermostat. In the event they wake up, you can activate the area’s smart lights to let them know you’re coming soon. Have a second child? You may integrate another indoor camera and still have access to each of them with a single smartphone app.
Get Your Blacksburg smart home with indoor cameras
Ready to use an indoor camera as a baby monitor? Create your own Blacksburg smart home and get the comfort and protection Vivint’s modern surveillance systems can supply. Dial (540) 340-9402 today and explore how we can make your property a safer, more adaptable place for every member of your family.